Lofoten is a stunning island chain in Northern Norway known for its towering mountains, white beaches, and crystal clear waters.
- Lofoten is filled with hiking possibilities for all abilities. Even the smallest mountains deliver wide views of the surrounding summits, villages, and beaches.
- It might be hard to believe but there are beautiful sandy beaches in Lofoten. Take a break and relax by Kvalvika, Haukland, and Bunes beaches.
- Tired after climbing all those mounatins? Head to one of Norway’s oldest and best preserved fishing villages, Nusfjord, for a luxurious spa and sauna with a view.
- The dramatic Lofoten coastline is often best explored from the water. The area is well-suited to kayaking, paddle boarding, kiting and even surfing – no experience necessary.
- The northern lights are on show between September and March. Spend at least a few days in the area if you’re desperate to see them.