Experience far-reaching vistas of a varied mountain landscape
- Sesong: juni-oktober
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Middels
- Lengde: 10.2 kilometer (tur/retur)
- Stigning: 280 meter
- Varighet: 5-6 timer
The trail to Fjellstølfjellet grants you expansive views of a diverse mountain landscape, traveling past several smaller peaks and viewpoints along the way. Beginning at Danebu Kongsgård, the trail runs through birch and spruce forests. You’ll find several small lakes, and there are excellent opportunities for collecting berries and mushrooms in the area.
Experience the contrasting landscape as the trail travels from the forests up to the bare mountain, where the vistas open up to the towering Jotunheimen peaks.
Running through easy-going terrain, this is an enjoyable hike despite its considerable length and elevation gain.
Exit road E16 in Aurdal right by the church towards Danebu Kongsgård and Valdres Alpine ski slopes. Continue up the road passing the exit to the ski slopes and continue all the way to a toll booth where you need to pay NOK 20 by credit card to pass.
Continue up the road, passing Damtjernet Lake on your left-hand side. After a few hundred meters take a right at the sign towards Danebu Kongsgård.
Follow Danebuvegen for 150 meters and look for signs towards Fjellenden and Binnhovdsknatten. The trail goes into the forest on the right side of a small creek.
The trail from Fjellenden is easy to navigate as it follows the ridge all the way to Fjellstølfjellet.
- If you are interested in local food and beer then go by Noraker Gard and Små Vesen before or after the hike. Noraker Gard is known for its production of fermented fish which they sell in the farm shop. Små Vesen sells its excellent locally produced beer.
- Fræningen Lake is drinking water so swimming is strictly forbidden
- You can fill up your water bottle in lakes and creeks along the way.
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser