Dørålseter to Bjørnhollia Vandring
Stage 3 of the Rondane Triangle
- Destinasjon: Rondane
- Sesong: juni–september
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Krevende
- Lengde: 19.3 kilometer (A til B)
- Stigning: 1,180 meter
- Varighet: 8–12 timer
Open this adventure in the app to save it offline.
Om Dørålseter to Bjørnhollia
This route is stage 3 of the full Rondane Triangle hike. Stage 4 is from Dørålseter to Bjørnhollia.
Start today's hike by going back a bit on the same trail you used yesterday. Cross the Døråe river and when you reach the trail junction follow the trail towards Høgronden. Follow the trail along Vidjedalsbekken and continue onwards to Neverbutjønne. The trail climbs gradually but gets steeper as you get closer to Høgronden(2114 m.a.s.l.).
Make sure you have some time to enjoy the views from Høgronden before you head down to on the other side of the mountain. After descending about 400 meters you reach the stone hut Høgrondbue before you continue onwards on the ridge along Søre Oksle.
From Søre Oksle the trail goes down to Langglupdalen before it wraps around the mountains towards Bjørnhollia. The last 300 meters before the cabin is on a gravel road.
The main trail on this stage is very demanding in bad weather. If you have bad weather please consider hiking the alternative route. It follows the valley of Langglupdalen and is safe even in bad weather.
Start following the trail back to Bergedalstjønnen and then instead of heading back to Rondvatnet follow the trail into Langglupdalen. The trail ascends slightly to about 1500 m.a.s.l. before descending down on the other side. Follow the trail and you will eventually reach the trail junction with the trail coming down from Høgronden.
- The main trail for this stage can be very demanding in bad weather. Please follow the alternative route in the trail description if you need to.
- You probably want to be a member of the Norwegian Trekking Association when doing this hike as it will give you much better prices at the cabins along the route.
- Toilets can be found only at Dørålseter and Bjørnhollia