Taylor Meadows Campground Vandring
Camp on a grassy meadow with great views of Black Tusk
- Destinasjon: Southwest British Columbia
- Sesong: juli-oktober
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Krevende
- Lengde: 13.8 kilometer (tur/retur)
- Stigning: 970 meter
- Varighet: 4.5-5.5 timer
Om Taylor Meadows Campground
This campsite not far from Garibaldi Lake is very popular during the summer. And for good reasons. These meadows are a wonderful sight with views of Black Tusk and Garibaldi Lake nearby. At the end of July and the start of August, the entire area is covered by wildflowers.
The campground is, although not as popular at the one at Garibaldi Lake, a very well visited campground. So if you plan to tent, then make sure you book your overnight stay well in advance.
Rubble Creek is the trailhead for Garibaldi Lake and Taylor Meadows. The parking lot is found not far from Highway 99 going from Squamish to Whistler. Whether you are driving from Whistler or from Vancouver/Squamish you will see a small blue sign for Garibaldi Lake/Black Tusk Trailhead. After taking off the highway follow this road for 2.7 km until you arrive at the parking lot. Parking is free.
It is also possible to book a bus from Vancouver to Rubble Creek through Parkbus.
From the trailhead at Rubble Creek head up the trail for Garibaldi Lake. The trail is steadily going uphill for all of this hike. After about 4 kilometers the trail gets steeper and you have to zig-zag your way up the hill.
After 6 kilometers you will reach the junction where taking a left will take you to the campground. From here and up the trail is easier and it flattens out as you move towards Taylor Meadows.
If you are doing this as a day hike then a good option is to continue on from the campground and up to the next trail junction by Black Tusk meadows. From here you can take a right and head down to Garibaldi Lake. And finally, you can follow the other trail down from Garibaldi Lake to the parking lot. The entire loop is about 19 kilometers.
- All overnight stays at Taylor Meadows Campground needs to be pre-booked
- All garbage needs to be carried out
- Mountain biking on this trail is not allowed
- Fires are not allowed
- Dogs not allowed
- All drinking waters must be filtered, boiled or otherwise treated before consumption
- Expect to see no cell service throughout the park
- You can find toilets at the trailhead and at the campground
- There are food containers by the campground
- This campground has 40 available tent sites
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser