Helm Creek Campground Vandring
Incredible scenery of Black Tusk and the meadows around the campsite
- Destinasjon: Southwest British Columbia
- Sesong: juli-oktober
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Middels
- Lengde: 15.6 kilometer (tur/retur)
- Stigning: 820 meter
- Varighet: 5-6 timer
Om Helm Creek Campground
Enter Garibaldi Provincial Park from Cheakamus Lake to experience the northern end of this beautiful park. This campground is less used than the more known campgrounds around Garibaldi Lake and offers great views of Black Tusk and the surrounding mountains and meadows.
Just hiking to the Helm Creek Campground is a great option, but many hikers choose to stay at the campground to hike further on to Black Tusk or Panorama Ridge.
From the trailhead head for the forest and follow the trail towards Cheakamus Lake in 1.5 kilometers. Take right at the junction to Helm Lake and follow the trail down to Cheakamus River. Cross the metal bridge across the river before you head up on the switchbacks on the other side. This trail section climbs up 300 meters in a very short distance so be prepared for a tough hill.
When you reach a clearing on your left-hand you are getting to the top of the steepest section. Continue up the now much more gradual hill, hiking along the Helm Creek. The forest is quite thick so you will not see much of the creek as you hike.
The trail continues through the forest all the way to the campground. When reaching the campground the forest leaves some room for a meadow and you get a great view of the mountains around you.
- All overnight stays at Helm Creek Campground needs to be pre-booked
- All garbage needs to be carried out
- Mountain biking on this trail is not allowed
- Fires are not allowed
- Dogs not allowed
- All drinking waters must be filtered, boiled or otherwise treated before consumption
- Expect to see no cell service throughout the park
- This video shows you the route from the parking lot, up to the campground and further on to Black Tusk and Panorama Ridge
- You can find toilets at the trailhead and at the campground.
- There are food hang facilities at the campground, but they may fill up so prepare to bring your own equipment as well
- This campground has 30 available tent sites
- Free parking
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser