Cheakamus Lake Vandring
Great views with little effort
- Destinasjon: Whistler
- Sesong: juni-oktober
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Enkel
- Lengde: 14.2 kilometer (tur/retur)
- Stigning: 140 meter
- Varighet: 2-5 timer
Om Cheakamus Lake
This is one of the easiest hikes in Garibaldi Provincial Park. The hike to Cheakamus Lake will offer you beautiful views of this turquoise lake situated in between towering mountains. The lake is fed by multiple glaciers and this is why it gets it's very special color.
The hike to just the lake takes about an hour one way and you can choose if you want to continue all the way to Singing Creek Campground or if you want to just take a look at the lake and return to the parking lot.
You will find the sign for Cheakamus Lake in the far end of the parking lot. The trail runs throughout the forest on the 3 kilometers hike before you get the first glimpse of the lake.
On your way to the lake, you will pass the junction to Helm Creek Campground. Consider heading down that trail for 2 minutes to get some great views of Cheakamus River.
From the Helm Creek junction continue for 1.5 kilometers until you reach Cheakamus Lake Campground. From here you can optionally follow the trail along the lake to Singer Creek Campground.
- All garbage needs to be carried out
- Mountain biking on this trail is permitted
- Fires are not allowed
- Dogs not allowed
- All drinking waters must be filtered, boiled or otherwise treated before consumption
- Expect to see no cell service throughout the park
- You can find toilets at the trailhead and at the Cheakamus and Singing Creek Campgrounds.
- Free parking
- You can camp at Cheakamus Campground with 10 tent spots. Or you can camp further in at Singing Creek Campground with 6 tent spots. You need to pre-book overnight stays at these campgrounds.
- There are food hang facilities at the campgrounds, but they may fill up so prepare to bring your own equipment as well
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser