Rundtur: Storekrækkja Vandring
Loop around a Hardangervidda lake from Fagerheim
- Destinasjon: Geilo
- Sesong: juli-oktober
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Middels
- Lengde: 11.8 kilometer (rundtur)
- Stigning: 190 meter
- Varighet: 3-4 timer
Om Rundtur: Storekrækkja
Easily explore the Hardangervidda mountain plateau with a loop around Storekrækkja Lake. Starting from the Fagerheim cabin along the Hardangervidda scenic route, the trail passes through terrain typical of the plateau and passes the Krækkja tourist cabin around halfway. The hike is long, but the trail is relatively flat.
As the trail can be rocky and wet in parts, hiking boots or shoes are recommended.
The trail begins at Fagerheim Fjellstugu, a tourist cabin along Norwegian Scenic Route Hardangervidda on the Hardangervidda mountain plateau. The cabin is 14.5 kilometres from Haugastøl, and 36 kilometers from Geilo, along Road 7.
Starting from Fagerheim, follow the well-marked trail around the northern side of Storekrækkja Lake towards Krækkja cabin.
From Krækkja, follow the signs towards Kjeldebu cabin, but turn left immediately after the bridge. Continue along the southern shore of Storekrækkja until you reach the road. Walk around the end of the lake back to Fagerheim.
- There are several cultural heritage sites along this route. The easiest to spot is the hunting pit in the narrow passage between Krækkja cabin and the bridge.
- Free parking at Fagerheim
- Fagerheim Fjellstugu at the start/end of the loop is a full-service mountain lodge.
- Krækkja, on the opposite side of the lake, is also a full-service mountain lodge.
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser