Hike around an historic estate next to Bogstadvannet
- Destinasjon: Oslo
- Sesong: januar-desember
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Enkel
- Lengde: 2.6 kilometer (rundtur)
- Stigning: 50 meter
- Varighet: 1 timer
Bogstadgård, the historic estate and farm located alongside the lake, Bogstadvannet, was built in the late 1700s and has been home to many notable Norwegians, including merchants, councilmen, and even a former Prime Minister of Norway. Bogstadgård is now owned by the municipality of Oslo and is in cooperation with the Norwegian Museum of Culture and History.
The beautiful grounds around the estate are popular for outdoor activities. The trails take you down to the lake and into the forest above the estate. Bring hiking boots and a picnic and enjoy a day around Bogstadgård and if the weather is nice, take a dip in the lake.
Need more info on where to go hiking in Oslo? See our guide to the city’s best trails.
- From downtown Oslo, take the T-bane line 3 (Østerås) to the "Røa" stop. From the T-bane station, walk north along Vækerøveien road for about 100 meters to the bus stop "Røa T i Vækerøveien", located next to a gas station. From here, take the 41 bus (Sørkedalen) to the "Bogstad badeplass" stop, the 5th stop from Røa T.
- If you are driving to Bogstadgård, there is a parking lot located right across the street that is for public use. Bring a credit card or coins to pay for parking, if applicable.
There are many trails around Bogstadgård and we recommend a quick trip that provides both amazing views of the lake and a nice trip into the forest. The path, which starts across the street from the bus stop and parking lot, is wide and pleasant for strollers and for bikes and an easy trip for adventurers of all levels.
Follow the adventure on the Outtt app to experience the recommended trail.
- There's a short history of the museum and a gift shop in the main barn. The farm maintains a small vegetable and flower garden, many farm animals, and horse stables. In the spring, you can peak into the nursery where calves, lamb, and kids are resting with there mothers. In the fall, you can see farmer sear sheep. The farm hosts festivals for families all year long as well as art exhibitions for local artists.
- Visit the website for more information about the Bogstadgård.
- The farm cafe offers cakes, coffee, sandwiches, and ice cream as well as an open fireplace to dry wet gloves or hats in the winter.
- In spring and summer, enjoy the outdoor picnic benches with views towards the lake.
- There are public restrooms located near the picnic area across the road from the parking lot and bus stop.
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser