Månafossen Waterfall Vandring
Enjoy the short hike to one of Norway's best waterfalls
- Destinasjon: Stavanger
- Sesong: mars-november
- Vanskelighetsgrad: Middels
- Lengde: 1.9 kilometer (tur/retur)
- Stigning: 200 meter
- Varighet: 1-2 timer
Om Månafossen Waterfall
Månafossen Waterfall, the 9th largest waterfall in Norway, is a spectacular sight to see and located just an hour car ride from Stavanger. Enjoy the quick hike up the mountain to experience the power of Norway's nature.
From Stavanger, follow E39 south for 28 kilometers until turning left onto Rv54 towards Sirdal. Follow Rv45 east for 26 kilometers until reaching Gilja. Follow the signs to the left, directing you towards "Frafjord" and "Månafossen". Drive for another 11 kilometers, through the tunnel, until you reach the Månafossen Waterfall parking lot at the end of the road. There is a cash fee of 30 NOK to park.
From the parking lot, the trail is a short trip straight up the hill to the various viewpoints to see Månafossen waterfall. Continue further along the trail and around to the other side of the ravine to experience a different perspective of the waterfall.
Return to the parking lot along the same route.
- The trail is not wheelchair or stroller friendly.
- There are chains attached to the rock faces to help hikers climb up the steeper sections of the trail
- There is a 30 NOK cash fee to park in the parking lot at the start of the hike
- There is a cabin, Mån, located near the waterfall, at the end of the trail. The cabin has limited amenities.
Questions or comments? Let us know.
Se flere populære opplevelser