Blåola in Endalen Cycling
Cycle through traditional settlements and beautiful landscape
- Destination: Forollhogna
- Season: June-September
- Difficulty: Medium
- Distance: 40.4 kilometers (out‑and‑back)
- Elevation Gain: 460 meters
- Duration: 6-7 hours
About Blåola in Endalen
Seterdalene in Budalen is among one of the largest cultural landscapes in Norway. A bike ride through the beautiful Endalen valley is the best way to truly experience this incredible landscape.
While in Blåola, you'll find a unique mooring area for ships that is well maintained. The open landscape of the scenic mountain farms can be admired from both sides of the valley. Take a break at the several idyllic places along the road to Hiåvollan.
Park at the school "Budal oppvekstsenter" in Enodd village of the center in Budal.
Alternatively, park your car at the entrance Endalen for a slightly shorter biking trip. There is a parking space between the road and the Ena river.
The trip begins near the center of Enodd village. The first 7.5 km are on asphalt, then the trail transitions into a packed dirt road.
Along the road, you will pass Oddvollen. If the sign is up, you can buy sour cream and cheese there. Continue hiking down the road until you see the sign for Hiåvollen. There you will find a traditional mountain farm.
- Seterdalene in Budalen was among one of the first and largest selected cultural landscapes in Norway.
Where to stay
- Budal.net for accommodation in Budalen
- Enabu is a nice cabin and a great base for trips in Endalen. Booked through Inatur.no
- Pitch a tent! Just make sure you follow Right to Roam rules
Questions or comments? Let us know.