Stay a night or two at this Hvaler Island
- Destination: Ytre Hvaler
- Season: June–August
Open this adventure in the app to save it offline.
The Old Swiss House on Akerøya is part of a farm that was active until about 1950. Today the house is used as a visitor's house on Akerøya. With sandy beaches, tent spots, grazing sheep, more than 260 registered bird species and more than 400 registered plant species, the island is a small paradise.
The house has room for 10 people and it is available for rent through Oslofjord Friluftsråd.
You can order a boat taxi by Innovasjon Hvaler, phone +47 91 37 98 77. Make sure you order the taxi well in advance.
- The house can be rented from the 1st of June to the 19th of August.
- More information about the lighthouse and how to book it can be found through Oslofjordens Friluftsråd
- Dogs are prohibited because of nesting birds and grazing sheep.
- On the central part of the island, you are free to put up your tent for maximum two nights. It's prohibited to tent on the western and eastern part of the island because of the nature reserve for seabirds.
- There is no drinking water on the island.
- There is no grocery store on the island.