Stop at the iconic viewpoint above Geiranger
- Destination: Geirangerfjord
- Season: January-December
The Flydalsjuvet lookout point offers beautiful views over Geiranger and the Geirangerfjord. Along with Ørnesvingen, it is one of the famous Geiranger viewpoints.
Nearby the viewpoint there is also an elusive rock, known as the Flydalsjuvet Rock. The rock overhangs a tall cliff, and while it can make a cool photo, it’s also quite dangerous. If you insist on finding the rock, be very careful as there is a 300-meter drop below the place where most people stand for a photo.
The viewpoint is a key attraction along the Geiranger - Trollstigen scenic route.
Flydalsjuvet is alongside road 63, a 4 kilometer drive southeast of Geiranger. The viewpoint is signposted and easy to find.
There are two bus services which stop at Flydalsjuvet on the way to Dalsnibba.
A local bus runs twice daily from late June to late August. The return trip includes a short photo stop at Flydalsjuvet and 20 minutes at Dalsnibba. Tickets cost 318 NOK for adults and 250 NOK for children (4-15 years).
A sightseeing bus runs every day from the 1st of June to the 31st of August. There are 15 minute stops at Flydalsjuvet and Dalsnibba. Tickets cost 395 NOK for adults and 200 NOK for children (5-15 years).
The viewpoint is divided into two areas, an upper and a lower section. A gangway runs between the two.
- Toilets are open from mid-May to mid-October
- Free parking
Where to stay
There are several hotels, lodges, and campgrounds in and around Geiranger.
- Grande Fjord Hotel is a popular and cozy hotel, with fjord views 2.5 kilometers from Geiranger.
- Hotel Union Geiranger is a large hotel set back in the valley and facing the fjord, with an indoor swimming pool.
- Hotell Geiranger is in the heart of Geiranger, right by the fjord.
- Geiranger Camping is a simple campground located right at the end of the fjord, on the waterfront.
- Vinje Camping has cabins and campgrounds, 1.5 kilometers up the valley from Geiranger.
Questions or comments? Let us know.