Vesteråsfjellet Hiking Trail
Take a short walk to a popular Geirangerfjord viewpoint
- Destination: Sunnmøre
- Season: May-October
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 1 kilometers (out‑and‑back)
- Elevation Gain: 40 meters
- Duration: 1 hours
The short walk to the Vesteråsfjellet viewpoint is a pleasant stroll before or after a meal at the Westerås Farm. It’s about 20 minutes each way between the farm and the viewpoint.
Vesteråsfjellet is an easier alternative to Løsta, which continues to a higher viewpoint.
Westerås Farm is a short drive from Geiranger. Look for the turn-off about 3.5 kilometers south of Geiranger on road 63, between Flydalsjuvet and Geiranger.
Follow the road to the end where there is a parking lot.
The trail has a gradual ascent followed by a short descent to the viewpoint.
Starting at Westerås Farm, walk along the dirt road through the paddocks where sheep, goats, and llamas graze. Once you reach the fork in the trail, continue to the left and wind down to the viewpoint.
Return along the same trail.
- Westerås Farm (Westerås Gard) has a restaurant and accommodation
- Free parking
Where to stay
There are several hotels, lodges, and campgrounds in and around Geiranger.
- Grande Fjord Hotel is a popular and cozy hotel, with fjord views 2.5 kilometers from Geiranger.
- Hotel Union Geiranger is a large hotel set back in the valley and facing the fjord, with an indoor swimming pool.
- Hotell Geiranger is in the heart of Geiranger, right by the fjord.
- Geiranger Camping is a simple campground located right at the end of the fjord, on the waterfront.
- Vinje Camping has cabins and campgrounds, 1.5 kilometers up the valley from Geiranger.
Questions or comments? Let us know.