Askosberget to Røgden Hiking
Stage 6 of Finnskogleden
- Destination: Finnskogleden
- Season: June–October
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 15.4 kilometers (point‑to‑point)
- Elevation Gain: 0 meters
- Duration: 3–4 hours
About Askosberget to Røgden
This route is stage 6 of the full Finnskogleden hike. Stage 7 is from Røgden to Løvhaugen.
From Askosberget the trail heads east and crosses the border into Sweden by the Nyckelvattnet lake. Walk around the lake and continue before rounding another small lake called Hallsjön, a great place to relax and even enjoy a swim. There are two gapahuks by the lake.
Further north the trail passes Fjolperstorp and several other villages before arriving at the destination, Røgden lake.
- There is a grocery store, Sundelin food store, located 1 kilometer west of the trail along Røgden. This is the last grocery store along the trail. Opening hours are 0830 to 1630, but if you call(+46 560 250 16) in advance they might be flexible and keep it open for you.
- At the Røgden Tollstation there is a café
- Drinking water is available from lakes and creeks along the trail
Where to stay
At lake Røgden there are several accommodations, including Östmarks fishing campsite. Call +46 560 25002.
It is also possible to stay in rooms at the Tollstation. Call +47 413 08 581 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.