Kayaking Hvaler's archipelago Paddling
Kayaking is an excellent mode of transportation among the island of Hvaler, and the countless islets and islands lie there awaiting a visit.
If you do not have a kayak yourself or want a guided tour with a local guide who knows where the nice places are, try Kajakk og padling Gry Gerhardt. She also arranges courses if you want to spend the summer to be a good paddler. Gry says what characterizes a kayaking experience is the connection with water. You know the movements in the water. You use the body to get forward. You glides quietly through the sea and can get quite close to animals that do not look at the kayak as a threat. The quiet pace means that many details you will not see will be visible.
- Destination Ytre Hvaler
- Season January–December
- Departures Every day
- Duration 4–5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- Audience Course: 8 / 12 years with parents / without parents. Family course: All ages ( double lkayak). Guidet tour: From 13 years dependent of experince
Book with Kajakk og Padling Gry Gerhardt
What You’ll Do
- Kayak rentals
- Kayak courses
- Guide on tour
- Guided tours is year round.
- Introduction courses (Våttkort) when water temperature is above 12 degrees, normally from mid May to October.
- Advanced courses for people with their own drysuit (tørrdrakt) are arranged year round.
What to Bring
- For introduction the course, you need to bring warm clothes dependent on the weather, a lunch packet and a wetsuit (våtdrakt). A wetsuit you can buy at Europris for 400 NOKs.
- For kayak rentals without a guide, you need the Norwegian certificate "Våttkort"
- For guided tours, you need to bring warm clothes dependent on the weather, a lunch packet and a wetsuit or drysuit.
By contacting Kajakk og Padling Gry Gerhardt, you agree on meeting point in the area of Fredrikstad - Hvaler islands.