Kayaking on Lake Loen Paddling
Paddling the green inland lake Loen
Join us for an amazing kayaking experience in the dramatic Loen Valley, as we navigate the green glacial water! Our guide Rikard will tell you about the spectacular history of this hidden valley, ranging from landslides, flooding rivers, and all-out catastrophes. Together with the experienced guide, paddling is a safe adventure even while seeing the remnants of past disasters. Surrounded by green water, towering mountains and rumbling waterfalls, it’s hard not to be impressed by this mighty nature.
- Destination Nordfjord
- Season May–September
- Departures Daily at 9:00
- Difficulty Medium
- Audience The trip is suitable for people of most ages - excluding children younger than 14 years old.
Book with Destinate Norway
All ages: NOK 1240
What You’ll Do
Your professional guide will meet you at Loenvatn Feriesenter. We start the day with a short briefing, and a cup of coffee/tea. This is also a great opportunity to get to know the guide(s) and other participants. At the starting point, you will receive an instruction and safety briefing to prepare you for the tour. You will then be taken out on the lake and guided through the landscape and history of the area. We’ll spend approximately half an hour doing the introduction to what we plan to do for the rest of the day, and what to expect on the tour. We’ll focus on safety, paddle instructions and outfitting. Kayak, paddle, and sprayskirt included.
This is a perfect tour for both beginners and experts. Just long enough and in lovely surroundings. During the tour, your guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour. We take safety seriously, so we start off by doing a thorough go through on safety procedures, and we will make sure everybody knows what to do if a capsize should occur. After the safety drill, your guide will show you correct paddle strokes, and how to synchronize paddling with your partner. On all our guided tours we use stable double kayaks.
Then, its go time! Once on the water, we start slowly moving out on the lake. This is an extraordinary feeling of gliding through the green water, and start to soak in the beautiful landscape around you. There is no way to describe it in words, you’ll have to be there! We’ll form a fleet along the way to tell the dramatic stories from the valley and fun facts from the fjords of Norway.
- All kayaking equipment
- Professional guide carrying navigation, safety, first-aid, and winter/outdoor equipment
- It’s possible to rent outdoor-clothing from us. (Please make your selection when booking).
- NOTE: A detailed packing list will be sent to you after booking.
What to Bring
- Water-Resistant/Waterproof jacket
- Energy / additional snacks
- Bottled water
- Small backpack with additional clothing layers (fleece/woolen sweater, etc.)
- A camera is recommended but at your own risk! Bring a small waterproof bag/purse if needed.
- Remember that you need insurance that covers kayaking.
Welcome to Loenvatn Feriesenter. We are really looking forward to guiding you on Loen Lake.