Camping trip from Rotnes to Mellomkollen Hiking Trail
A hiking and camping adventure just outside Oslo
- Destination: Oslo
- Season: May–November
- Difficulty: Medium
- Distance: 29.2 kilometers (loop)
- Elevation Gain: 1,080 meters
- Duration: 9–11 hours
About Camping trip from Rotnes to Mellomkollen
The perfect camping and hiking combination close to Oslo and easy to do in one and a half days.
Most of the trails are popular routes with plenty of picturesque hideaways. You can choose where you want to camp along the route as there are many beautiful places to pitch a tent. We recommend finding a nice lake to spend the night.
- If you are driving, there is a free parking lot in Rotnes, at the start of the hike.
- If you take the train from downtown Oslo, take the R30 (Gjøvik) or L3 (Hakadal/Jaren) to Nittedal station. Follow Tumyrveien, the road on the north side of the train station, for about one kilometer northwest, until the end of the road where you find the parking lot.
This is a great round-trip hike that takes you into the beautiful nature of Nordmarka, with amazing views down to Oslo and the rest of the forest.
Follow the recommended route on the Outtt app for an incredible adventure.
- Bring some cash or a card on your journey. You will pass a cafe, Sinober Sportstue, which offers Norwegian baked goods, sandwiches, fresh coffee and other delicious refreshments.
- Tømtehytte and gård (cabins & farm), equipped with an old-fashioned pump that delivers fresh and cool groundwater.
Save and share
Find other popular adventures