Hæreid Hiking Trail
Historical hike from the center of Eidfjord
- Destination: Hardangerfjord
- Season: January-November
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 5.6 kilometers (out‑and‑back)
- Elevation Gain: 110 meters
- Duration: 1-1.5 hours
Enjoy this historical and beautiful hike starting in the center of Eidfjord, taking you up to the top of Hæreid and bringing you back an alternate route for the perfect round-trip adventure.
Enjoy the walk along the river to the Eidfjord lake followed by a 10-minute uphill climb to Hæreid. Here, you will see the 350 burial mounds from the Iron-and Viking ages have been found. Continue through farm land in fascinating scenery. Enjoy the final view over the center of Eidfjord from the viewpoint, Hodna.
- You can purchase a cultural history map at the tourist office.
- You will find all of the necessary amenities in the center of Eidfjord.
Where to stay
There are a few hotel options in the center of Eidfjord:
Questions or comments? Let us know.