Vangsvatnet Lake Bike Trip Cycling
A great bike tour around Vangsvatnet Lake in Voss
- Destination: Voss
- Season: April-November
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 22.2 kilometers (loop)
- Elevation Gain: 380 meters
- Duration: 1-3 hours
About Vangsvatnet Lake Bike Trip
The bike route is on easy rolling asphalt track with little traffic on the road. The tour passes many nice farmyards and have a lot of attractions along the road.
From Bergen, follow road E16 east towards Oslo for 75 kilometers until reaching Voss. Take the exit towards Voss "sentrum" and find parking next to the church.
Take the Øst-Vestekspressen bus from Bergen to Voss. This route departs Bergen at 9:10am everyday and arrives at Voss station at 10:50am. Book your ticket on the Øst-Vestekspressen here.
From Voss Station, you are just minutes away from Voss Church where the bike route starts.
The tour starts by the church in Voss and takes you in a counter-clockwise direction of Vangsvatnet Lake. For the beginning of the tour, head west on the walking and cycling path next to road E16 (heading towards Bergen). You will pass Fleischer's Hotel after 250 m and the Youth Hostel in Voss after 1.1 km. Continue along the bike path on the right hand side of the road. You will head up a hill and continue staying parallel to road E16.
After 8 kilometers, at Bulken, you will cross over Vosso river. Once you have biked over the bridge, turn to the left. Follow the main road east along the southern side of Vangsvatnet lake towards Voss.
By the end of the trip, you have to alternatives:
- Alternative 1: Turn left by the bridge "Langebrua" and follow the road to the church.
- Alternative 2: After passing the road to Dagestad Museum, take the road to the left in the bottom of the hill by a red house. From there you can go to the left over a little walking bridge called Tintrabrua. Continue straight forward through the forest called Prestegardsmoen. At the end of the forest you will see the outdoor swimming pool in Voss on right hand side. Continue straight forward and finish your trip by the church.
Attractions along the route:
- The Bordalsgjelet Gorge
- Prestegardsmoen Forest
- Hendrieke Berg gallery / Atelier
Questions or comments? Let us know.