Risnakken Hiking Trail
A staircase to a great lookout point
- Destination: Nordfjord
- Season: January-December
- Difficulty: Easy
- Distance: 1 kilometers (out‑and‑back)
- Elevation Gain: 140 meters
- Duration: 0.5-1.5 hours
Risnakken is a well-maintained hike located close to downtown Selje. 350 stairs take you up to a great lookout point over Selje and the surrounding area, a perfect place to enjoy a sunset.
Follow road 618 north from Maløy towards Selje for about 50 minutes. Parking is available next to Selje school or the Idrettshuset (athletic hall).
The starting point for the hike is found at Skogaveien road next to the quaint Doktorgarden hotel. Here you will see prominent signs directing you towards the staircase heading up the mountain. Follow the 350 stairs to the top which is 145 meters above sea level.
- You will not have access to any water along the hike so be sure to bring it with you
- The stairs are secure with railings
- Just behind Risnakken is an activity park and gym
- Free parking
- Along the hike you will find a resting place with a bench
- A picnic table and bench are located at the top of the stairs
Questions or comments? Let us know.