Kongevegen Høre - Laglim Hiking
- Destination: Vang
- Season: April–November
- Difficulty: Medium
- Distance: 7.2 kilometers (out‑and‑back)
- Elevation Gain: 240 meters
- Duration: 1–2 hours
About Kongevegen Høre - Laglim
This is the oldest road through the village. It has today been made into a pleasant, grassy overgrown footpath, full of cultural heritage. So if you're interested in history, this is the trip for you. A lot could be written about people and events along the way but we will keep the secrets to to when you start walking, because the 10 information signs along the way will provide you with first class information.
From the starting point of Høre stave church, walk 400 meters west along the asphalt road. After the last farm below the road, you will find signs showing "Kongevegen". After that it's just a matter of taking enough time to enjoy the ride. When you get to the tenth information board, you're on Ljøsno, the remains of the property of the bandit Arnfinn i Bakka. Here you have in a way come to the roads end, because Kongsvegen further from the west end of Laglim is partly "prepared" and incorporated into agricultural soil.
From here you have three possible paths:
1. You can walk a few meters back to the information board "no. 9 ". From here there are path leading upward on the east side of the water until the municipal swimming area at Laglim. A few meters before the bathing area, along a tiny stream, a lot of yellow mountain saxifrage and high, magnificent scepter grow. At the swimming area you can picnic and take a dip in the warmest bathing lake Vang has to offer. Then take the road that leads you up to the county road.
2. You can take the Kongsvegen back to Høre.
3. You can walk along Kongsvegen on the southern side of Laglim until you in the west end enter the tractor road. Here you turn right and follow it up to the county road. There you perhaps have organized a ride?
By Laglim there are a lot of waterbirds which might be interesting to study through binoculars. Rich vegetation in the waterfront provide for a large variety of birds.
Save and share
Find other popular adventures